Thursday, October 21, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

My family usually finds the unconventional way to do things. We aren't quite normal. We can pass as normal, but when you look closely you will notice we don't quite follow the trend.

Example: some of my lunches in high school consisted of baked sweet potato and spaghetti squash. Yes my friends would look to see what my lunch was as soon as we got to the lunch table.

When I went to college, I went to classes, went to parties, went to fundraisers, joined a sorority... It was the people who were close to me that noticed the unusual. My roommates in my sorority house weren't too pleased when I started harvesting kefir, or when I left sauerkraut on my desk to ferment. Ok, this is all about food, but these are the only examples I can think of right now. This isn't a food blog! I'm just hungry.

So our unconventionalism may start with what we eat, but it carries through with how we take care of ourselves.

Anyways, I'm finished with college and living back at home. Stay tuned, meet my family (below) and get a closer look at my life :)


No comments:

Post a Comment