Sunday, January 2, 2011

Twinkie Diet? Really?

My uncle D acts like he's into nutrition. I mean, anyone who squeezes a lime into his water and then adds cayenne pepper and syrup is obviously doing that one cleanse, right? The Master Cleanse?

Well, like I tell him all the time, it's not about the cleanse when he goes home after work and drinks beer! He doesn't do it for the cleanse (according to me), he does it to make up for a week of pizza and a weekend with his buddies!

Recently, I came across an article of the top five most ridiculous and over- hyped diets of 2010. Yes, I printed it out and gave it to him for new diets to try in 2011 when he gets tired of his cayenne pepper drink diet "cleanse" thing.
  1. First listed was the HGC diet: Inject yourself with female pregnancy hormones and then stick to only 500 calories per day. I was definitely surprised that my uncle knew exactly what this was and explained it to me before even reading about it. He, however, assured me that he wasn't going to try it.
  2. Baby food diet: I would never get full if I were only eat those tiny baby size jars of food!
  3. Tapeworm diet: Well, he had heard of this. Isn't it an old fashion diet? I mean, I would love to eat 100,000 calories and not have to pay the consequences... but I don't want a 30-foot worm living inside me.
  4. Twinkie diet: Of course America would be interested in this diet! Don't pay attention to the nutritional information! Just count your calories! I don't think I could ever stick to 1500 calories though...
I don't usually read the comments at the end of the article, but people definitely had some great things to say about this article. My favorite was from a lady who was pretty enthused about the twinkie diet:

"I really like the twinkie diet that sounds so great. Let me lose some pounds and have my face look like pizza with all the nice pimples and have a crappy attitude while I'm on the diet. Wow that sounds like the perfect diet for me. 'NOT!!'"

Uncle D and I definitely got a kick out of it.

I'm not saying to follow my uncle's example of drink choices (unless it is solely for the cleanse), but if you have the popular new year's resolution of losing weight, do join him in snubbing these hilarious diets!

To read the article about these ridiculous diets, visit the following link: http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/the-most-ridiculous-absurd-and-over-hyped-diets-of-2010-2423016/

To read about the cayenne pepper cleanse (Not recommending it, since I haven't tried it... and since I like food), visit the following link: http://themastercleanse.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment