Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Whispers to Squawking

Sorry I haven't written in a while. The last post was a rush and things never slowed down. I've been super busy. I started teaching more regular hours of Pilates, played driver for my younger siblings the week Mom and Dad went to Vegas (for business I guess), went apartment hunting and am now shopping for the apartment. Bottom line... I have not been in the mood to blog, and I have done way too much Google-ing... a little for the Oscars, but mostly for furniture.

Throughout all my busy-ness, Sweetie, the Hahns Macaw, keeps her same routine. I can never seem to walk out the door on time in the morning. It's always a rush. It would be nice to one day be able to stroll to my car, but no. That's right, I run out the door as fast as I can without spilling my latte.

Sweetie (Left) and Nikki (Right)
The entire time, from the moment I finish making my latte, through putting on my coat, slipping on my shoes, searching through my purse for my keys and until I finally find the last place I set my phone, Sweetie whispers to me.

"Goodbye. Goodbye. Goodbye. Goodbye. Goodbye."

Yes. Constantly whispers it over and over again dozens of times.

That is, until I walk out and shut the door. Then, she, as well as Nikki who decides to join in, switch their tone of voice.

"SQUAWK! SQUAWK! SQUAWK, SQUAWK! SQUAWK!"

Smart birds, but I don't know if they quite get the point of whispering.

No comments:

Post a Comment